WHAT TO GET MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY
The answer: Create an experience, whether it's bought or free.
I've compiled a shortlist below of the perfect "experience" gifts our Moms will love to remember.
- My favorite idea is a spring wildflower walk for the mom who is able to stroll. Look up local forest areas and nature paths. Even a stroll along the river tends to have wildflowers along the banks. I'm obsessed with youtube videos on how to arrange flowers. Here's one below that focuses on fresh-cut wildflowers. Maybe you buy Mom some fresh cut wildflowers at the local farmers market on the way home and make a spring arrangement for her to keep.
- Make a picnic at a local park for the whole family- keep it simple! Cheeses, crackers, olives, grapes, some sparkling water, and champagne are a great mid-day nosh!! Bring a frisbee or soccer ball so the kids can play while you and mom relax.
- Go to the Art Museum and have lunch there after viewing the collection (Tip: you may need to make reservations if you intend to eat at the museum).
- Buy tickets to the Theatre, Cinema, or Symphony - check out what's coming to town around Mother's Day.
- In St. Louis there are always local neighborhood home tours, buy tickets to attend a tour.
- Arrange a small dinner out with her friends, she'll love that you handled all the details.
- Give your mom a spring family portrait session, you can arrange dates with the family and have special photos of grandma with the grandkids, and so on.
Please share your ideas too, it would be great to add to the list!
Happy Mother's Day to All!!